Saturday 6 September 2014

The Guest

I have mentioned before that every year my brother and I compare our top ten films of the year. Last year my number 1 (and my brother's number 3) was a film called You're next. You're next is an amazing film which is really worth watching. It is on Netflix so next time you're wondering what to watch, watch You're next.

The Director of You're Next is Adam Wingard who this summer has made a film called The Guest. Needless to say I have been excited about this film due to my love for You're Next.

The Guest did not disappoint. 

The basic story line is that of a family who have lost their son in the war in Afghanistan. One day a visitor arrives on their door step and says he is a friend of their sons. They welcome him into their home and he makes a big impact.

Really I don't want to say more about the plot then there would be no point in seeing it. You need to see the film without any expectation for what is going to happen; if you know you will be disappointed.

One major plus about this film is the length. A 99 minute film is ideal. It's not too long. When films get past the 2 hour mark there are always unnecessary scenes or over complicated plot lines. The Guest moves at a perfect pace. You get involved in the plot and there is certainly no time to get bored. 

The Guest is well acted, exciting, funny, surprising, it has a great soundtrack and a good story line.

I would be surprised if anyone didn't enjoy The Guest. Go and see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment