Sunday 31 August 2014

Cricketers Inn (Meopham)

This weekend the Cricketers Inn have been hosting a beer and music mini festival so I went along with my sister and her boyfriend to check it out.

The festival was alphabet themed and they had a beer for each letter of the alphabet. A fun idea I thought. I can't stand beer though! So I had a strawberry cider, which was very nice. My sister got a half of beer, which she enjoyed. The festival prices were reasonable, just over £5 for a pint and a half.

They also had a really good selection of food on offer. My sister and her boyfriend both had a hog roast and salad. Later on we had chips and my sister had an ice cream. Again very reasonable prices.

Of course the festival is not on all year round!

After our initial beer and cider we made use of the bar and had wine and gin and lemonade. I cannot pretend that it is cheap. A gin and lemonade was £4.40, pretty pricey. They also have a restaurant and the food looked and smelled delicious. A really good menu with lots of options. I would definitely like to go there and try the food!

The pub itself is lovely. A spacious outdoor area, perfect for a nice day. Well decorated interior. It has a very pleasant atmosphere. My only downside was that the toilets were a little messy and needed checking. The staff were very pleasant and efficient.

Over all a really lovely pub and well worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment