Wednesday 6 August 2014

guardians of the galaxy

I an going to open this by saying I did not love this film.
Controversial I know, but if people are really honest, its not that great.


I have a friend who has seen GOTG twice already and is going to see it twice more this week. So I went into the film expecting something fairly good. I was disappointed.

I am not the biggest marvel fan. I enjoyed the last captain America film, but that's probably because the first one was so bad my expectation was low. Marvel films are basically about hmm making money, both in the box office and through merchandise. Many times i have had discussions about Marvel films not being  amazing, people don't want to hear it. They want to think all marvel films are incredible and they aren't.

The opening scene was entirely unexpected. The child who played a young Peter should be commended for conveying the emotion of losing a parent very well. I cried.

But after  that the film just failed to live up to expectation. It wasn't laugh out loud funny. It wasn't on the edge  of your seat exciting. It wasn't shocking. It wasn't surprising. It wasn't sweet. It wasn't romantic. There were no twist or anything unexpected.

This all makes for a 'meh' film. Not awful. Not great. Just pretty plain.

And Karen Gillan (bless her) is truly awful. Shockingly bad. Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment