Monday 11 August 2014

The Inbetweeners 2

The Inbetweeners started off life as a funny tv show. Now being shown for the 1000th time (perhaps slightly exaggerated) the novelty has worn off. It's a great tv show, but it really doesn't need to be on all the time.

In 2011 The Inbetweeners managed to create a successful film, focusing on the boys lads holiday to Malia. It was a funny film and highly successful.

I can't understand why they don't leave things on a high. Seriously when are comedy sequels ever as funny as the originals?

Unfortunately The Inbetweeners 2 has not managed to escape the curse of the sequel.

Despite being released 3 years later, the film did not make it clear as to whether the new film was set 3 years later or not. Having watched it I would say it was set a year after the first film. It would of been far more interesting if they had made it 3 years later and dealt with Will and Simon graduating. It would've made it far more plausible for them to bead off to Australia.

The film isn't bad but it's just not very good either. I didn't come out feeling like I had just been to see a comedy. There just weren't enough laugh out loud moments. I would struggle to tell you something that happened in it that was hilarious. It tried to hard for laughs and missed the mark.

People that like the inbetweeners will like the film. I liked the film. Would I go and see it again? No. Would I buy it on DVD? No.

Plenty of people will love this film and find it hilarious. For me it failed to live up to expectation.

No comments:

Post a Comment