Sunday 10 August 2014

The Five Bells, Eynsford

Eynsford is a little bit outside of my usual stomping ground, so I was reluctant to travel to Eynsford for a pub. My sister has been working there in a pub called The Five Bells, so with not a lot else to do, I went to sit at the bar whilst she worked.

Eynsford itself is a lovely village with plenty of pubs and restaurants and would be a great location for a walk or bike ride on a nice day.

One of the good things about The Five Bells is its large beer garden. On a nice day there is room to sit outside and enjoy the peace of the countryside. It is a well maintained garden with plenty of room for kids to run around and have fun. Dogs are also welcome in the pub and garden. Very family friendly.

The interior of the pub is classic pub really. The bar is split between 2 rooms which is slightly quirky. There is plenty of room to sit down and it is bright and airy. The pub has many locals which gives a nice friendly vibe.

The pub is pretty pricey. A large glass of rose wine is £4.90 so not cheap but I doubt you'd find this price unusual for the area. The pub serves local ales and has a good selection of beer and wine.

The pub also has a sign which says it serves hot and cold food. It does not. Don't go in for food. It has a sister pub that serves food but it doesn't itself. My only other complaint was the lock on the toilet door. They have kept old features so you have to lift and slide simultaneously. If I'd had one more glass of wine, I doubt I would have been able to lock successfully.

Finally the barmaid. She might spill a lot but she's pretty decent. Unfortunately she's leaving in 2 weeks! Doubt they will find a decent replacement, not that I'm bias.

All in all a very nice, friendly pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment