Wednesday 6 August 2014

Great British Bake Off

Firstly, I am deeply annoyed that Closer magazine revealed who left this week's bake off in their magazine. Everyone knows that shows like these rely on surprise and excitement, and by revealing who leaves this is ruined.

Bake off was, as always, entertaining. There is a good balance of things people have practiced and new challenges. It means we can really grasp the skills of the contestants. Personally, I felt today's technical challenge was a little boring. No one really messed up, which is the best bit really.

An early favourite of mine has to be Norman. A total legend who makes 'man sized' Swiss rolls. He was great. I hope he sticks around a long time.

How is it that thousands of people applied to be on the show and they decided Jordan was a good option?! Way too annoying. He needs to go next.

Call me cynical but this series, I think, has been designed to either have the oldest or youngest ever winner. I don't think anyone else stands a chance. So keep your eyes on those under 20 or over 55.. maybe I'm just being cynical. We will see in a couple of months.

Over all, good tv.

1 comment: